|1/2 cup Shiro powder|
1 tsp Berbere
1/4 cup olive oil
2.5 cups water,
2 cloves garlic, 1 small onion, salt as needed
Total Time- 60 Minutes
Prep- 10 minutes
Inactive Prep- 10 minutes
Cooking- 40 minutes
Yield- 2 Servings
How to make it - Shiro (Chickpeas stew)
- Finely chop onion and garlic and in a medium pot, sauté with olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add berbere spice and a couple of tea spoons of water and simmer for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining water to the pot and carefully whisk in shiro powder a teaspoon at a time until completely combined.
- Let it cook on low heat until it becomes thick but smooth---about 15 minutes.
- Add salt to taste. Serve hot with injera on the side.