Red red is one of the few foods Ghanaians and Nigerians share. Red red is simply fried plantain with beans. This is the idle meal for the whole family to crunch on.
Preparation Time: 2 hours
|Plantain, vegetable oil, onion, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper,|
How to Make It
1. Make sure to rinse all vegetables clean.
2. Soak beans in clean water for an hour. Then boil beans for an hour and half until the beans are soft. Add more water when necessary until the beans are cooked and drain them in colander.
3. In another saucepan, heat the palm oil and add the onions, garlic, ginger and pepper until all the liquid evaporates.
3. Add the tomato paste. Add fish whilst stirring for 15 minutes.
4. Add salt and the cooked beans to the stew and stir. Lower the heat and cover saucepan for beans to boil and thicken.
5. Peel plantain and cut into diagonal pieces.
6. Wash the plantain in salt water.
7. Heat oil and when it is hot, fry the plantain pieces. Toss them occasionally to ensure all are cooked.
8. When they are all brown, remove and drain in kitchen paper.
This meal is best served hot! So what are you waiting for?