Preparation Time: 45 minutes
|Egusi, kontomire/spinach, meat, onions, ginger, garlic, chilli pepper, salt|
How to Make it:
- Wash the kontomire/spinach leaves very well with warm water
- Cut the kontomire/spinach leaves into small sizes
- Chop 1 onion into pieces
- Blend tomatoes,1 onion, pepper,ginger and garlic together
- Put pan on fire and pour in the oil
- Add the chopped onions and stir fry for about 3-5 mins
- Add steamed meat/kobi (salted fish); allow to cook for about 5 mins
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 3 min
- Add the blended tomatoes, pepper,ginger and garlic
- Add any stock cubes and allow to cook for about 10 min, for the sauce to reduce.
- Make agushi into a paste and add to the stew, and allow to stay for a couple of minutes before stirring to create the bubbly effect.(Allow to cook for another 3 mins)
- Add the kontomire/spinach leaves under a low heat now, and allow to slow cook. for about 5 min
- Add smoked fish and taste for salt.
Let it simmer and its ready
Serve with yam, plantain,rice or rice.