Semovita is the name of a popular food brand in Nigeria which is made up of soft gelatinous substances which falls under the category of "swallows" in Nigeria.
It forms part of the main course and also usually goes with Nigeria soups. Semovita has a lot of health benefits ranging from helping in weight loss, to supporting the heart, to improving blood sugar level, to supporting digestive health.
How to make the best semovita
Semovita (or any other brand of your choice)
1. Fill a pot with 500ml of water and wait for it to boil.
2. Take a cup of Semovita and pour in a bowl with some cold water. Go ahead to use your spatula to stir the mixture until smooth.
3. Once the water in the pot starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium and then add the Semovita mixture.
4. Continue stirring for up to 2 minutes and then allow to cook on low heat for about a minute.
5. Stir again until the texture is consistent and then turn off the heat.
You can serve with Egusi soup, Onugbu soup, or any other soup of your choice.