|1(1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast|
|1/4 cup water, lukewarm|
|1 egg beaten|
|1/2 cup honey|
|1 tablespoon ground coriander|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup milk, warm|
|4 -5 cups flour|
|6 tablespoons butter, melted|
How to make it
- In a small bowl, stir together the yeast and 1/4 cup warm water. Set for about 10 minutes to let the yeast proof.
- In a large bowl, beat together the egg, honey, spices and salt until smooth. Stir in the milk and melted butter.
- Stir in the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing to form a soft, smooth dough. Do not add all of the flour if the dough gets too stiff. Add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Remove the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead for about 10 minutes to form a smooth, elastic dough.
- Place the dough in a large, lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the dough again to a lightly floured work surface and punch down the dough and knead for about 1 minute. Form the dough into a round shape and place on an oiled baking sheet. Allow to rise again another 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place bread on baking sheet in the oven and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour till bread is lightly browned and sounds hollow when you tap on it. Remove and cool before slicing.