Preparation time: 40 minutes
|1 pound goat meat|
1 tablespoon tomato puree
Cooking oil, 3 medium size onions, 3 medium scotch chilli, 3 tins fresh tomatoes, 1/3 teaspoon curry powder, 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg,
Salt to taste
How to Make it
1. Wash and cut the meat into desired sizes, season with the onion, garlic, ginger and cube mixture. Allow it to steam for about 15-20 minutes on medium heat
2. Slice up 1 onion
3. Pour enough oil into the cooking pan
4. Add the sliced onion into the oil and allow to cook for about 3 minutes
5. Blend your tomatoes, garlic, ginger and pepper.
6. Add the tomato paste to the onion and keep stirring
7. Add the nutmeg, and curry powder to flavour the stew.
8. Add the chopped tomatoes and stir for a couple of minutes
9. Now pour the blended plumb tomatoes, garlic, ginger, pepper and onion.
10. Allow to cook for about 10-15 minutes
11. While the stew is simmering, strain off the stock from the steamed meat.
12. Pour enough oil for deep frying onto the hub. Sprinkle a little flour to the oil to reduce the spitting of the hot oil on you.
13. Fry all the meat pieces in 2 to 3 rounds.
14. Add the stock to the stew and allow to continue cooking on a moderate heat.
15. Add the fried goat meat and allow to cook in the stew for another 10- 15 minutes. When ready, the oil collects on the surface of the stew. Here you can scoop up the excess oil from the surface.
16. Dish out the stew and serve with boiled yam, plantain, plain cooked rice, etc.