|2 pounds chicken|
|4 oz. tomato paste|
|1 large tomato, chopped or diced|
|2 tbsp. lemon juice (juice of 1/2 lemon)|
|2 large onions|
|2 cups oil|
|1 large pepper, chopped|
|1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning, 1 tsp. "Mrs. Dash" seasoning, 1 tsp. garlic powder|
How to make it
- Skin and trim fat from chicken and cut 8 to 10 pieces.
- Rub in lemon juice, rinse and drain chicken.
- Add spices and rub into chicken and refrigerate.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat, until hot, and then add the chicken and sauté stirring frequently until chicken is brown.
- If using fresh tomatoes blend tomatoes, garlic, and onions. Pour the tomatoes blend in the pot of chicken, bring to a boil and let it simmer until tender.
- If using tomato sauce; add the onion, sauté until tender, about 4-5- minutes. Pour tomato sauce, garlic and seasonings. Bring to a boil and let it simmer
- Add 1/2 cup water. Simmer over low heat 10-15 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Stir to distribute evenly. Add salt to taste.