Beans are a super healthy, super versatile and super affordable food. Beans are high in antioxidants, fiber, protein, B vitamins, iron, magnesium, potassium, copper and zinc.
Eating beans regularly may decrease the risk of diabetes, heart disease, colorectal cancer, and helps with weight management.
Beans, onions, garlic, ginger, pepper
and fresh tomatoes
How to make it
- Soak beans in water for one hour.
- Then boil until the beans are soft. Add more water when necessary until the beans are cooked and drain them in a colander.
- In another saucepan, heat the oil and add the onions, garlic, ginger, and pepper until all the liquid evaporates.
- Add the blended tomatoes. Remove all the bones from the salmon and add while stirring intermittently for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and the cooked beans to the stew and stir. Lower the heat and cover saucepan.