Semolina powder is a very popular ingredient used across the world for cereal, pizza, pasta, bread and biscuits. The powder is produced by grinding semolina grains.
In Nigeria, semolina flour is used to prepare the Semolina fufu which is enjoyed with the different Nigerian soups depending on what you want. The Semolina fufu recipe is very simple one and here’s how to make it quickly.
The fastest way to make Nigerian Semolina fufu
1. Add half cup of semolina powder to a bowl and put away
2. Start boiling three cups of water in pan
3. Whilst you wait for the water to boil, slowly add 1 cup of water to the half a cup of semolina powder in the bowl and mix with your spatula until smooth.
4. Turn the heat to medium then and then add the semolina mix to the boiling water and keep mixing until the mixture starts to boil.
5. When the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat to low and add half cup of the remaining semolina to the pan and mix with your spatula until there are no lumps or powder.
6. Add another half cup of the remaining semolina and mix again until there are no lumps or powder.
7. Add the last half cup of semolina and make sure you thoroughly mix. Ensure you add a lot of strength and effort so yo mix well with your spatula until there are no lumps and no powder throughout.
8. After about two more minutes of stirring, turn off the stove and serve with your favourite soup.
Semolina goes well with any soup or red sauce. Follow our recipe watch the Semolina fufu melt in your mouth with your favourites Nigerian soup or sauce.